View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

I too have tried the formula of using an 8oz. bottle of blue and two potty toddy tablets. Since the temperature was only in the low 70 s, I did not see much of a difference with the added two PT tablets. I'm sure if it was 90 outside I would.

Hands down, the Stinker works great if it has no #2 solids in it. You can get away with most any formula if you do that. We do both 1 and 2 and in hot weather, the toilet becomes a bit of a challenge but not to the point where we'll stop using it for #2.

What I find very, very interesting is what lengths we all go to to make this toilet work with solids in hot weather. Think about it. We add 8oz of blue which is designed to work with like 40 gallons. We add two Potty Toddy tablets which are designed for 50 gallons each. So we add chemicals designed to treat 140 gallons of liquid in a 3 gallon initial level solution with this recirc toilet. WOW!! We stink.

I like my Thetford recirc toilet but I must say I loved the Thetford Cassette toilet my Coleman tent camper had. Using the cassette toilet for 14 years I can see how it would have been a good fit for the TM units across the board. The thing TM could do to make it really work great, the cassette toilet that is, is to include perhaps a second black water tank which is unique to this toilet.

Anyhow, the point of my post is to just say how I can't believe how concentrated the chemicals have to be to make this toilet work just a bit shy of OK.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote