View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 08:48 PM   #4
jbeletti
Jim

Default We just ordered a 2004 3023!!

Dan and Leonardbakers,

Thanks for your 3023 feedback.

All forum readers,

Today, we took the plunge and ordered a 2004 3023. We drove up north (from suburban Chicago) to Coloma, Wisconsin (an hour north of Madison), to Danny's Coloma Camperland RVs (http://www.explorewisconsin.com/DannysColomaCamperland/).

We spent 3 hours with Dan and Michelle, thoroughly going over a 2720SL they had brought inside the shop for us to get acquainted with. I learned a lot. We also hitched it up to my Jeep Liberty to see how much she'd drop without a WD hitch. We measured about 2.5" of drop at the hitch and from the pictures I took, I'd say up to 2" of lift at the front of the truck. I will definitely be getting a WD hitch. Danny sells Reese and I am still researching WD hitches (Draw-tite, Reese, Equalizer etc.).

Anyway, Dan gave us a fair deal on ordering a new unit versus taking one from stock. Essentially, giving us his 2003 deal on the 2004 model. We've got 6 options on order: A/C, Awning, TV Antenna, Upper Cabinet, 2" Receiver Hitch (for bike rack) and Stove Cover.

New production is 7 to 8 weeks, so we're assuming a first of the year delivery.

We're pretty excited and I want to thank everyone who has posted on this forum. TM owners are pretty passionate about their TMs and I've received a lot of encouragement reading all of your posts and replies to my own posts. So thanks everyone and we'll be joining you as site sponsors right away.

Jim
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote