View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

I hope you can figure out the mounting to the tv antenna part.-->(Edit: And getting the Tv antenna to fold down properly)

Last year when I got my Jefatech system, I did mount the antenna to the existing tv antenna pole but could not figure out a way to leave it mounted and still be able to get the tv antenna pole to fold down properly. I discounted that as a viable option for me. I finally went with permanently mounting a PVC pole to the street side rear edge of the front shell which can be seen on post #11 Last pic, here:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=11539&page=2

On setup I just slip another Pvc pole with the antenna attached into the slip joint on that pole and route the coax in under the flap and to the repeater sitting on the fridge.

For permanently routing coax, I agree with what scrubjaysnest said. Also, just a word of caution, when running Coax, One has to be careful that it does not get kinked or crushed as this can alter it's signal propagation ability.

I did not test for television interference when i had the Wifi antenna mounted on the Television antenna but I did operate the system numerous times last year with the antennas within ~4 feet of each other and i did not notice any interference.

When a threat of lightning approaches, I disconnect the coax and the power from the Wifi repeater.

Tim