View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

Question

I had a similar problem but different. My door sections have always lined up 100% but getting the camper ready for our last trip the top door section overlapped the bottom by a good 1/4". As though the top had "slipped" down a tad. I checked and releveled thinking that might be the problem but no go. After an hour scratching my head, I deceided that the forward Starboard side lift arm must have slipped so I proceeded to lift it up. Wth the shells in the up possition, I put a hydralic jack under the arm so it wouldn't slip farther down when I loosened the 4 bolts. Then I tried to loosen the bolts. Tried being the opperative word. Great God they were tight!!!!!!! Impact wrench on the highest setting finally loosened 'em up. (These bolts have 3 knocks in the head indicating they are pretty hard steel.) Raised the jack a bit and check the door. Things are looking better. Wound up raising the arm about a 1/2" and now things are realignied dandy. Retightened bolts. All clips and latches align as b4.
Why or how could this lift arm slip is beyond me. As tight as it was, it should never have budged.
Maybe my fix was not correct and I missed the real problem. I sure would like to hear from someone who knows.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote