View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #32
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Talking Thank you! There are are minor programming limitations, but it's good..

I looked at the BP-65/100/220 manual, and saw the following table of choices for disconnect/reconnect voltage values. As you see (from the jpg), you can't program your own values - you must choose form the list, or choose "Lithium Mode" (which puts in entirely under the control of a BMS).

For everyone (except Bruce, who already knows this): Discharge of a "12.8V" 4-cell LFP battery, at low current (<30A) doesn't present a smooth drop-off of Voltage, in the way that Lead-Acid batteries do. Instead, it's nearly like falling off of a cliff - Voltage stays nearly steady, until the battery is 95% discharged, and then falls very rapidly. For a TM, the most desirable low-voltage cutoff value is probably between 12.0V and 12.4, with "reconnect" at anything above about 12.8V.

Victron programming does not provide for programming at values which are this close together. The highest "cutoff" Voltage choice, 12.0V, is matched to a "reconnect Voltage of 13.0V. It's a bit lower than I like but it is the best choice available, and I'm going to get one when I proceed: It's MUCH higher than the built-in BMS cutoff, and can increase the lifespan of the battery by preventing a lot more "over-deep discharge" situations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	victron-programming.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	18195