View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
PopBeavers

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandysplace View Post
We just traded in our 3326 for a new Elkmont 26.

PopBeaver's video on dry camping intrigued us, so we had Custom RV install 2 6V golf cart batteries recommended by them for dry camping. The batteries are installed in the conveniently accessible and spacious compartment under one of our dinette seats.

We also discovered that after staying 3 nights in a local campground while Custom RV tweaked the few QC issues we found, our black water tank was 3/4 full using the 'conventional' toilet exclusively for both liquid and solid waste (totally odor free by the way).

Checking our mileage towing the fully loaded 3326 to Anaheim we got 13.7 mpg. Towing the fully loaded 26 home we got 11.7 mpg.

Since fuel cost is such a big part of camping expense, being able to enjoy 'no hook up' campgrounds and park service facilities for two or three nights opens many otherwise inaccessible campgrounds within 50 miles or less from home.

Using the techniques outlined in PopBeaver's video it should work. We'll let you know.
Stay close to home the first time. I recommend somewhere like Brannan Island near Rio Vista.

If you keep a list of issues that I did not think of to cover we can update the slides, but I have no plans to redo the video.