View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
chopslot

Default Bummed to be winterizing

Over the summer we purchased a 2005 3124 kb after researching, following prices, and recieving feedback from some of you from an earlier post. I have gained a lot of information from this site, and recently joined as a sponsor (though honestly, I don't understand the fee, as this is the only forum i follow where a fee has ever been applied). We have taken the TM out now three times (we live in Utah) and have loved our experiences. The first trip was was to Palisades Idaho, followed by a local jaunt here in northern Utah (15 minutes from our front door), and then a couple of weeks ago to Escalante Utah. We have dry camped each time (only a few miles from paved road). An RV park would have to be really amazing for our family to want to stay there (most I see are cramped, and unremarkable vs.amazing vistas, and privacy) I am the most mechanically uninclined person i know, yet with the help of a friend I installed a stereo, I then patched a couple small splits in the linoleum floor, and more significantly repaired the table. I really dig the whole spirit of the TM in terms of design, and value. Due to purchasing this later in the summer we haven't had nearly the time/travel we would have liked before winterizing...I am doing this now...already conjuring images of good times in the Spring.
By the way in terms of winterizing...I have put nearly 6 gal. of RV anti-freeze in the tank and I still am not getting any to come out the hot water faucet in the bathroom (likely due to insufficient amount still in the hot water heater?) is this normal?
Next year I will get an aircompressor and blow out the lines or a by-pass for the wather heater.
Take care