View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
We've had a couple of good rain events down here near Fort Myers Fl and the factory roof patch has held up very well. It's such a relief not to worry about leaks.

Wayne, that paint you recommended (LP Marine TopDeck Polyurethane with a separate marine epoxy primer) is OUTGAGEOUSLY expensive. I was looking at $150 for a quart of primer plus a quart of white topdeck.

So I went to Lowes and bought a quart of Rustoleum Topdeck Marine for $12, no primer, and rolled on 2 coats after a thorough sanding (150grit). Following your recommendation (in spirit at least) I figured marine topdeck designed for fibreglass and high UV environments would be best.

I don't really care how it looks as it's on the roof (of an upright), it's just the UV protection that's needed. And there's still half a quart left in case I need to redo it in a couple of years.
Sounds like a good choice. It should protect the plastic from UV. That's all that's important. I mainly recommended the other because I wanted it to last until I get the camper.......