View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #9
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
Looking great!

I never thought of making valances. These would make mounting blackout roller blinds a snap. The only problem is that my wife might want valances in the house first, then the trailer.
They open up all sorts of possibilities for blinds/curtains, etc - anything can be mounted on the underside, and depending on what you are mounting, there are cheap ways to do it - like using a dowel and two eye screws for a curtain rod, instead of a tension rod.

I won't expect the wooden valances to hold a lot of weight on the shelf at the top, because I don't know how much I trust that the screws holding the z-brackets won't rip out of the walls. That being said, the side brackets do help support the weight somewhat. But, it will be nice to have a place to put spices and other little things in the kitchen area above the counter; a couple of dvd's, cd's or paperback books in the living area; and things like flash light, reading glasses, cell phone, book, reading light in the bed area.

These were quick and easy to make since I wasn't going for a refined, finished look - I literally didn't sand anything, not even cut edges - just slapped two coats of paint on! So make some for the TM, using the excuse that you want to 'refine and perfect' the process first, before you tackle making some for the house! ;-)