View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Ha ha Larry - yup - mine has been like that forever. It actually happened the first year of ownership, when during a sudden, unexpected storm, and away from the campground, the wind ripped the awning off the TM. It ripped the support arm brackets out of the exterior wall of the TM, along with ripping the awning off the top of the TM. I'm guessing the force of the wind pulling on the awning, etc, during that whole process, also caused that hinge pin bolt to rip through both sides of the TM upper shell wall. Not sure why it wasn't fixed when the new awning was installed, but it is definitely when it happened, which would have been summer of 2005. Been like that ever since. However, it does probably explain the problems I often have with flip up lock bar on that forward curb side bed support, in getting it to line up properly.

Thanks for the info Bill - so if I replace the bolt, should I just put a large washer on the inside and outside of the shell, to cover the aluminum rip? Does that bolt remain slightly loose, so that it does indeed act as a hinge pin, and therefore, washers may be a mute point because I won't be able to tighten the acorn nut onto the bolt all the way to hold the washers tight against the shell walls?