View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Like2Ride

I just purchased a 2010 TrailMini. We have used it 5 nights. I really like the fact that it goes in the garage, and I can pull it with my Chevy Colorado. The entrance, galley and head are all in the same spot, so it is a bottleneck. I was wrestling between a new R-Pod 171 and a new TrailMini. The weight is roughly the same. The Mini was about $7,000 more, but logically and environmentally it seemed like the right thing to do. It also has a very open feel. HiLo was another contender, but the toilet just has soft vinyl walls, and you sleep on the dinette.

I can't speak for others, but my TrailManor has very poor manufacturing quality. Lots of things that should have been caught by a Quality Control department if they have one. You pay such a premium for TrailManor, you expect to get a quality product. You can get a used 2720, and may not have to deal with something manufactured during this economic downturn. My Mini was delivered to the dealer in June of 2009. Remember - There are not a lot of dealers (My closest dealer is a 5 hour drive) so it is not always easy to just drop it off for a warrentee repair.