View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
grakin

Bill,

I thought I had things covered. My winterizing procedure has always been:

- Remove kitchen sprayer, bathroom shower head, and outside shower head and store
- Open all four low point drains
- Open all facets, both hot and cold
- Give a little "blast" with the water pump
- Poor pink stuff down every drain and into the toilet

The only difference between what I did here and what I normally do is that I omitted a final step: driving home. I'm suspecting that a level trailer may not drain as well as one that is bouncing around on the way home. I would have thought gravity would have drained that tube in the shower, even when stationary, but maybe I'm not quite as perfectly level as I think I am...

As for the suggestion from another to use a bicycle pump to avoid the oil, that's a good idea - I didn't think of oil from the compressor, but I do know I would rather not drink it!

For 4Kids2Dogs (wow, that's a lot of life inside a TM), if you are talking about the hose that connects to the shower facet (out the back of the facet), it just unscrews, at least in mine. Don't use a dremel on it, it will need to be replaced, as the hose ends both are the same (the end that goes to the facet is identical to the end that goes to the shower head). I couldn't get it off when it was installed in the shower, but when I took the facet out of the shower, I could get it, although it took more force than I expected. If you are talking the entire facet assembly, there are two water pipes that screw onto the bottom of it and two plastic "nuts" that hold it on the shower. You can get to all of that from the access panel on the outside of the TM, if you have a TM like mine (2619).