View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Bryan and I both think that that trim piece is thick and would end up looking pretty beat up after repeated opening and closing. You could always try it. I used something like that as a quarter round trim around the floor, it looks good where there is no rubbing but it gouged quite easily when one of us jammed the door near the entry when we were closing up once or twice.

I've never had a problem getting parts from the factory. I've had them send me the wrong thing once, when I asked for a bed slide. They sent me the plastic strips that frame the channels and keep the bolts secured under the read bed where the support arms are and slide in and out (I kept them in case I needed one, compared to the shipping the cost was negligible). I've had good success sending a picture of what I want (if it's not self-explanatory) and then following up with an email.

If you're anywhere near Custom RV in Anaheim, CA, they've told me that if I ever have a problem getting anything from the factory to call them, and that they would order it for me.