View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

There is a prime TM dealer in California, but unfortunately they are quite a hike from you - Ontario, probably 7 hours away.

Like Kidkraz, I'm not real clear on how a window was destroyed if only the roof was damaged. Pictures will help. Assuming that the damage is limited to the fan, a window, and some poke-holes in the skin of the roof, it can be handled by any reputable RV service place. No need for a TM dealer.

The big deal as far as cost is concerned will be the window. Is the window [U]frame[U] damaged, or is a broken panel of glass the only problem? Some of the glass panes in the window can be replaced - others, not so much. My experience with replacing a broken window is detailed in several posts in this thread.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=18610

The manufacturer of the window is Hehr, and they make literally hundreds of different windows. To find out which one you need, you (or your service guy) must remove the inside part of the frame, which will expose a paper label identifying the specific window. Then you call the Hehr distributor, Pelland (not Hehr itself), who can perhaps get the right window for you. The problem you may encounter is that Hehr may no longer make your window in white. You may have to buy a black window, and paint it white. Not a big deal, but another element of cost. My experience is that the TM factory no longer has any white windows in stock - they use only black.

Good luck - and I hope your insurance is up to date. (Your homeowner's may cover it.)

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote