TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
justpeachee

Default Campsite electric question

Hi! We just ordered a 2007 TM 2619. We are very excited, but we are total newbies when it comes to rv travel/camping. Please bear with my questions. I know that the TM has 30 amp capabilities. In my research I see that some campsites have sites with 50 amps. I am figuring that if we camp at one of these sites I will need some kind of reducer to bring the 50 amps at the site down to 30 amps. What is this reducer called and where do I get one? I am going to thank you all in advance, as I am sure that you be seeing alot of questions from me in the near future- LOL!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeachee View Post
In my research I see that some campsites have sites with 50 amps. I am figuring that if we camp at one of these sites I will need some kind of reducer to bring the 50 amps at the site down to 30 amps. What is this reducer called and where do I get one?
Some places have three outlets: 50, 30, and 20 amps. I have heard that there are sites that have 50 and not 30, but have not encountered one yet. The following 50-to-30 amp adapter is available at CW:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...r/skunum=24498
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
Freedom

You don't have to reduce the amperage, just the plugs are different. We have found that most 50 amp pedestals also have a 30 amp socket. We do carry the adapters (30amp to 15 amp and 15 amp to 30 amp) in case we have to use our extension cord, which has the standard 3 prong (15 amp/110) plugs on both ends. We have one to go from 30 amp to 110 v (15 amp) and another to go back to the 30 amp. We have never camped anywhere (including Canada and Mexico) that we couldn't hook up with one of those adapters or with the plug that is already on the TM. Most of the adapters are available at Wal-Mart in the Automotive/RV section or in the Sporting Goods/RV section.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
justpeachee

Thank you so much!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

We brought a 50A to 30A adapter because at Beth Page campground in Va. they have one pedastal for two units and when we pulled in someone was already using the 30A connection and just the 50A was left