TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
justpeachee

Default Stopping at hotels

As I plan our trip, I realize that there may be times when staying at a hotel/motel instead of a campground may be more practical for us. Has anyone ever had a problem parking their TM and tow vehicle in a hotel parking lot overnight? Are the hotels usually accommodating? Thanks!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Factor

I doubt many hotel/motel owners would object provided they have ample parking space and you are at the edge of the lot. Years ago, I parked our old 17' Triple E at a fancy hotel while I was attending a conference. I went our in two days and found the toilet dripping (embarassing). Had to hook up and find a dumping station.
John
Former TM 3023 Owner
2006 Silverado 5.3
Old 02-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
justpeachee

Thank you so much for the info!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
John Kelly

Default Staying in Motels

We live in Maryland and when we go out West (Utah, Montana) or South to Florida (Key West) we have stayed in motels on the way out and back. Have not had any problems parking. This year we will try staying in camp grounds.

John & Marion
Old 02-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
shunter917
Site Sponsor

We have stayed several times overnight in a motel/hotel and never had problems. I always parked on the farther edges of the parking lot and double checked with the desk employees so they knew it was there.

I also crawled in and switched the frig from DC to propane, then closed it back up. I didn't have to worry about the food getting warm. When it was time to go, I popped the shells and switched it back.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote