TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
h2oskicwgl

Default Refrigerator Fan - When to use?

This is probably a basic question, but I can't find the information in my TM manual, nor online...I might be looking in the wrong places.

When would I use the refrigerator fan? AC, DC, and/or Propane? Do I need it on during pre-trip charging, traveling, or actual camping?

Our first camping trip with our TM is tomorrow, can't wait!

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
h2oskicwgl

A-ha! Found it...

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=9477

Should have modified my spelling during the search
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
ThePair
TrailManor Master

The primary use of the fan is whenever the shells are closed and you want to run the fridge (I.e. driving to/from sites). Most will pre-cool the fridge, load it with food, then turn the fridge to DC right before hooking up to the TV, turn on the fan, and close up. The fan will exhaust all the heated air out the bottom of the closed TM, so there isn't too much heat build-up inside. Without the fan, it can become very hot, which could damage the fridge or TM, and/or make the fridge ineffective for cooling.

While the TM is open, the heat vents naturally through convection using the upper and lower vents on the side of the TM, which are only exposed when the shells are open. So, you don't need to use the fan when open.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
Scott O

Turn the fan on and find the exhaust port under the refrigerator beneath the TM. The air should be exhausting rather than being pulled in. There have been reports of the fan being wired incorrectly and the fan working in the opposite way it is intended.