TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-28-2002, 03:55 AM   #1

Default Trailmanor Swing-around Hitch

Does anyone know if the Trailmanor Swing-around Hitch can be retrofitted for older Trailmanor models?  Their web site states that the hitch is new, but gives little information on price, adaptability, etc.  Any information would be helpful. ???
Old 11-28-2002, 05:57 AM   #2
KB7OUR

Default Re: Trailmanor Swing-around Hitch

msingletary,

I don't know for sure and I have the swing away hitch option. Looking at it, if I had to guess I would say that it could be retrofitted. It looks like they would cut off the last 2 feet of the hitch, weld on brackets for the pivots, and weld on flat end pieces where each of the two halves come together. It could be pricey because it's mostly all labor. Call the factory and ask Jimmy Davis. I could be wrong about my guess. We love this option as it allows us to park a 3023 in our garage.

Wade
Old 12-02-2002, 04:06 AM   #3

msingletary,

Don't know where you are located, but if you are in the Southern California area, the dealer here does the mod.

john
Old 12-03-2002, 05:19 PM   #4

I had the tongue of my used 1999 2720SL modified so it could fit in my garage. It was done at Custom RV Inc. in Anaheim, CA. They did an outstanding job!!!!!!!!

When I was thinking about having the modification done last year, I posted a message asking how it was done. If you look thru older posts to this BB, you should find some truly excellent drawings by Hal showing precisely how the modification is done.

I found the staff at Custom RV very, very helpful. The work they did included modifying the tongue as well as figuring out why I had trouble closing the unit. [The exterior electric outlets on the door side protruded. They recessed the outlets and I'm now able to close the trailer by myself!]

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #5
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Colette,

I have a 2002 3326 King Trailmanor, and the outside receptacles are recessed in with a nice decorative plate. They must have had several complaints from dealers and owners, and then changed the design!

Who said that the Hulsey's do not listen to Trailmanor owners????

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote