TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
redbirded

Default corner seam calking

Hello out there! Just picked up my 05 2619! Very excited as well as my family. It's in good condition for the most part. Mostly normal wear and tear as far as I can tell so far. Upon a little further inspection last evening when I got her home and opened her up, I noticed the caulk along in the front corner seams was deteriorating to the point of some concern for me. The back was too but not as bad. I've had some older camper before my buddies and I used for hunting trips and they leaked, on the corners, from bad seams. They were much older though and we would attempt to repair with re-caulking or siliconing but some of the gaps were quite large and water damage and rot had already set in. I don't want to go anywhere near that road with my new baby so I want to address this now. There is zero water damage in the one and I want to keep it that way.
So, my first question would be: Can anyone point me in the right direction and best steps to take to properly maintain these corner seams? I see there is an exterior forum so I'll probably post this there too. Just thought I would include this in my first post! Look forward to talking with everyone! Have a good one!