TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
brulaz

Default Linoleum lifting

In two places our linoleum is lifting in the Elkmont.

It's most pronounced when very cold and we're using the electric heater on the floor. I think the linoleum expanded with the heat but the floor below was still cold so the glue gave way (or maybe the glue application was uneven).

When things warm up, the linoleum bulge settles back down and is only barely visible.

Short of ripping out the floor, is there anything that can be done about this? The linoleum is still in good shape otherwise.

The bulges are in the middle of the floor, a foot or two from any edge.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
MisterP

We spent a couple of chilly nights here in FL (note I did not say cold) and we used an oil filled radiator in front of the dinette. The next morning I noticed the same effect you describe had occurred on the front of the dinette platform trimmed with linoleum. Decided to put a small metal table between them to act as a reflector.

Check your local hardware next fall. They sell metal reflector trays to put under heaters. We used to use one under our kerosene heater years ago.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
Check your local hardware next fall. They sell metal reflector trays to put under heaters. We used to use one under our kerosene heater years ago.
Thanks, good idea.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Scott O

Problem is not unique and seems to be associated with heat. Many people have reported this problem on the floor in front of the standard TM heater. My suggestion to you would be to use your heater off the floor if possible, or to insulate it from the floor as an option. Out solution is to not use the TM heater if we can avoid it and to use our space heater on a counter.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
My suggestion to you would be to use your heater off the floor if possible, or to insulate it from the floor as an option. Out solution is to not use the TM heater if we can avoid it and to use our space heater on a counter.
Yes that's what we've been doing, but it's a bit clumsy and since heat rises ...

Anyway, I guess nobody has decided this is important enough to lift up and re-glue the linoleum. That's good! I really didn't want to do that. We'll just work around it. And the next owner can re-floor it if they want.