TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-08-2003, 01:31 AM   #1
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default HGTV's RV 2003

I saw a preview of the RV 2003 show that will be broadcast on HGTV this Sunday ay 9:00 EST. and they will be showing (reviewing) the TrailManor. Just thought you might want to see what "others" have to say about the product that we already know is wonderful!!

Have a great weekend.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:35 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re: HGTV's RV 2003

Thanks for the heads up, am program TV to run then att.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #3
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the info. I know what I'll be watching tonight. If I can't go camping because of the snow, at least this show will help me dream about it.

If you want more details check out this link:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_travel_l...778832,00.html

For clarification, it airs at 9:00pm EST.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/spcl_prsntn..._21303,00.html
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 01:35 AM   #4
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

<For clarification, it airs at 9:00pm EST. >

Thanks for keeping me honest, I was more concerned about  the EST and didn't think to clarify am vs pm!!
Sorry if anyone was confused.

Larry
Old 03-09-2003, 05:25 AM   #5
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

Hope somebody will tape it and perhaps be willing to share with those of us who don't have/get HGTV (whatever that is).  I'd supply a tape and pay postage if anybody could make a copy for me.
A review of the program posted here would be of interest too I'm sure.

Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #6
Windbreaker

Don't think you would want a tape for just the TM part it was very short and called it a budget camper. However, they showed it being set up and the show host thought that the bath was good sized. That is about it. One thing I didn't understand is that before it they showed a fifthwheel for $20k and did not call it budget. Kind of makes one wonder.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:25 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Don't think you would want a tape for just the TM part it was very short and called it a budget camper. However, they showed it being set up and the show host thought that the bath was good sized. That is about it. One thing I didn't understand is that before it they showed a fifthwheel for $20k and did not call it budget. Kind of makes one wonder.

I agree with the above. I was somewhat disappointed with the segment. Then when asked what was new for 2003 the guy said granite looking counter tops and slate looking floors. What about the redesigned front lighting, the addition of the deadbolt, etc. ?

Oh, well, what did I expect? :-/

Larry
Old 03-10-2003, 09:31 AM   #8

I appreciated the  reminder about this show and enjoyed the part about the TrailManor, though it provided only  a very small idea of how great they are . I had seen the yearly HGTV show several times  before and found it  as usual, brief and  shallow, but then these things always are as they have such a limited amount of time for the program and want to hit all  the manufacturers they can.   Probably it is not really intended to be very informative, but merely to give watchers a quick glimpse of what is available and whet their appetites for more information,  and in that way it serves its purpose well.

I am still enough of a country girl to be dumbfounded by something costing  $750,000 being referred to as an RV, but do not " Look Down  . on their owners ;D and just  hope they enjoy their  rigs as much as we enjoy our TMs
Old 03-10-2003, 09:33 AM   #9
Chris_Bauer

I didn't see the show but a friend emailed me with the same thoughts as you guys.  

I think that people don't know what a Trailmanor is and that the lift system itself speaks for the trailer.  It has never failed to open, has no cables and is maintenance free.  

I have never agreed with the slogan "if you wanted something better than a tent camper, look what just popped up".  I think it beats a standard TT by a long shot just in the money, gas, and  less pollution that is saved in the use of a smaller tow vehicle.

This same thinking affects the resale value of the Trailmanor quite a bit.   Voice of experience.

My "dos centavos".
Old 03-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #10

Hi Larry, Did you watch HGTV last night? We saw VERY little about the TM. "They" were more interested in the big expensive rigs. Shame, because we all know what a great camper the TM is. Wonder if anyone else watched the show and feels the same way we do.
Regards
Jean and Rich