TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Bluegrass

Default Logandale, NV

We took a 5 day trip to Logandale, NV, about an hour east of Las Vegas, to attend a bluegrass festival. To our surprise, the county fairground had a couple of hundred electric and water hookups. No sewer though, so we did have to watch our grey water.

On the third and fourth day, a cold front came through and dropped the high temperatures from the mid 90s to the mid 50s. We came to appreciate the power of the heater. It really puts out! I was a bit concerned that we might have problems from the 30-40 mph winds but had no problems. We use pool noodles around the edges of the trailer and had no drafts.

Only had one problem - this was the first opportunity to use the satellite dish and we couldn't get it to work (Direct TV). Receiver couldn't find a signal. Unfortunately, the documentation that came with the dish was for the directional antenna, so we were out of luck on that dimension. I remembered that there was a thread on this subject but we had no wifi, so I couldn't connect. We'll work on this one next spring since this is likely our last trip of the season. I'll post something on that thread to make sure I've covered the bases.

Also found water stains on the wood around the water pump. Since we had water hook ups, I didn't fill the tank, so it's another one to check out.

I'm always surprised when I see our TM next to one of the behemoth fifth wheelers. It seems so small! But then I tuck it back into the garage and it seems huge! Bottom line is that it is perfect size for the two of us.

I REALLY came to appreciate the way the TM handled coming home driving north on I-15 with high winds blowing across the freeway. Barely felt it. I can't imagine wanting one of the new solid sided TMs.

Overall mileage was 12.5, about what we got on the trip to California in June.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
camp2canoe

Default Tm Sighting

We spent 10/17-20 at Big Spring Campground on Missouri's Current River just south of Van Buren. Other than at TM rallies it was the first time we have shared a campground with another TM - in this case a '03 2619 with a flyfishing couple from Springfield, Mo. - camp2canoe