TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Brifla

Default Converter Issue

I had a converter issue show up this weekend while doing a short camping trip. I have a little time to investigate today before packing up and heading home so wanted to post here for suggestions.
Here's what I know so far: The American CS6000XL converter is now not working. 110V in TM is fine but no 12V power from converter. Only the TM battery powers 12V TM items in camper. I recharged the TM 12V battery separately after arriving and it has kept a good charge over weekend (doesn't appear there's a short/heavy load drawing down battery). The fridge will also not work on 110V since arriving (had to use propane). It appears the small LED converter light indicating Overload is dimly lit on the Converter panel. I've tried disconnecting/reconnecting shore power and battery power, pushing converter Reset button, resetting converter breakers and checked all the fuses but find nothing wrong. I've also checked the voltage at 12V battery and the converter isn't providing power there to recharge.
A few other things: I turned the fridge on 12V before departing home on Friday and the TM battery was low by time I arrived and fridge was not cold (freezer section seemed cool though). It appears that the tow vehicle is not providing enough charge to compensate for fridge draw. I don't have a manual for troubleshooting the American converter and only thing I found online was a 2 page useless guide.
Is the fact that the 110V fridge AND 12V converter not working indicating a particular part of the converter? It looks like they both use the same breaker. Any recommendations to check before I leave campsite/30A power would be greatly appreciated.