TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
mgoblue911

Default Upgrading the furnace thermostat

First time poster to this forum. Just took my brand new 2007 3023 on her maiden voyage last weekend to Devil's Lake State Park in Wisconsin (beautiful park, but that is a different post). I experienced what appears to be a common problem with the furnace thermostat preheater. When the furnace came on, it ran until we were run out of the trailer. I have read the incredibly informative posts by TC and others about adjusting it. I was wondering if anyone had solved the problem by replacing the factory shipped thermostat with a digital one. My thought was to try to find a heat only non-programmable digital thermostat and simply switch them out. I have done this in different houses I have owned, but I am by no means an electrician. If it isn't a simple take old off and put new on exchange, I might be in trouble.

Has anyone done this? Were you happy with the results? Was it relatively straightforward? What brand and model thermostat did you use?

TV: 2004 Chrysler Pacifica
TM: 2007 3023