TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
modhatter

Default Memory foam mattress covers

[Edit. This post asked two very different questions, so I split it into two threads. This is the first half. The second half, regarding campground costs, is here.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10840

Bill]
------------------------
Well, I just finished reading a very fine and informative long post (up till 2 AM this morning) Just like a good book you couldn't put down. I am new to all of this. Thinking of purchasing a 2619 TM (would prefer a larger one but don't have right TV for it)

My biggest concern and question is this. I am 68 yrs. old with a very bad back worsened by extensive chemo, and need a very comfortable mattress to sleep on in order to not be in pain the next day. (My son will lift the camper up and with a little help from me perhaps) I know the current provided mattress would not do the trick for me, so that would require a good thick memory foam mattress topper and maybe a couple of those egg crate covers to boot, to make the sleeping thing doable.

Two questions: In my reading last night this subject was mentioned, and it was stated that trying to use a memory top will not fit the latches and could damage them in the gliders. I can't comprehend this. Why would a memory foam topper have to be within latches. Wouldn't it just sit on top of your current mattress without confinement?

Second question: Since you can't leave a memory foam top on the bed when you close the TM up, is there room on the floor (say in a large black contractor bag) to leave it while your traveling in a 2619 (smallest unit)

Bill]