TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2003, 12:11 PM   #11
Happytrails

Default Re: Insurance for TM

I'm not completely sure who my dad has insurance with, but they must be pretty good. He hit one of those big orange highway barrels on the way back from Disney in Florida a couple months ago in his Bluebird, (it kinda came flying in front of him over the median, apparently being hit by someone going the other way), and it knocked a sensor loose or something on his engine, well, about the time they reached sc or so, all of a sudden, with no warning, said sensor came completely off, and dumped out all the oil in seconds with no warning. Needless to say his Cat engine locked up completely! The motorhome had to be towed all the way back here to Va from Sc at a cost of $1,000.00, and the repair bill to rebuild his whole engine was $14,500.00! After contacting his insurance company, it was COVERED! He had to pay a total of $250.00, and has a freshly rebuilt by Catapillar, engine! I guess a lot can be said for having insurance!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails............[/glow]