TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #11
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckul8r View Post
After our factory foam mattress died, We Bought 2 of these. http://www.exped.com/usa/en/product-...omfort-10-lw-0
VERY expensive but well worth it, IMO. At least as good a night sleep as our Sleep number bed at home. Size is a tad big so you have to talk to it to get it in the frame.
We squished it into the frame (this was our previous attempt), but they near one stuck out of the low part of the drawer where you get in...which then interfered with moving the cabinet/closet on it's track, unless I deflated the mattress, which was more work for set up/knock down/etc.

Very comfortable, and would have been perfect if it had been 4" shorter.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #12
nwhouston

Default 3124KS bed area

The inside dimensions for the king bed on the 3124KS are 78" x 78" if anyone is thinking about air mattresses or custom cut foam. Called the factory to get the measurements.
Larry
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 speed auto
+P3 brake controller
nwhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:00 PM   #13
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Safe to say that's the size for all the King beds? I want to upgrade my sleeping situation.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #14
nwhouston

Default King bed size

I can only say yes with a caveat. If you look at my experience trying to change the hubs and brakes on my 3124, and finding there are three options, there may be more than one king bed.
2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L 6 speed auto
+P3 brake controller
nwhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #15
Jampcourt

The king bed in our 2922 is also 78" X 78".

We have an RV Supersack and a memory foam topper. After reading what can happen with the latches, we have elected to remove the topper and sleeping bag when we close up, and we place them over the sofa for traveling. Not a big deal to replace in the bed area.....but then I can say that, because DH always does this! At the very most, it takes him 2 minutes either way.

The Supersack has two sides, a winter and a summer side. We've been in some cold conditions, but found that using the summer side has always been sufficient to keep us warm. It is very convenient to have a sleeping bag that is always ready to go...and there are removable sheets. And I, too, tend to sleep better in the TM than at home, as I'm a chronic insomniac.

Must say that it was the king bed that totally sold us when we were looking at TM's. It's really nice not to have to climb over another person to get out of bed! Of course, our previous experience was with a Chalet, and the bed was a double at most. Can't begin to compare the amount of space we now have....in the bed, and especially in the rest of the trailer.
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:22 AM   #16
BubbaDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Got an AirDream Queen XL mattress, first time out was this weekend. It's an inflatable/inner spring mattress, made to replace sofa bed mattresses. Takes all of ~-45 seconds to inflate, deflates about as fast. Fits perfectly in the tray, and stays there with a blanket on top when I close my shells.

More comfortable than any other solution I've tried, yet. Only negative (and this may be an issue with my mattress and/or desire to over-inflate) is that by the next night it wasn't as super-firm as I like it, so 10 seconds of pump and it's back to my preference. I can reach the port from the hall without taking down the bathroom, so I just leave the pump plugged in on the floor next to the stool I use to get into the bed. Simple night-time top-off, and I'm a happy camper!

Note: If you like a softer feel, you may not even notice. We did, but we like our mattresses on the firmer side, without the squishy or poofy toppers that have become very popular.

So far, very happy. Will report back if this changes. This is the 4th or 5th different solution we've tried overall.
I have had some experience with the AirDream Queen XL type mattress I find they develop leaks and deflate during the night. But it sounds most viable. How is yours doing after a couple of months?
BubbaDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #17
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDad View Post
I have had some experience with the AirDream Queen XL type mattress I find they develop leaks and deflate during the night. But it sounds most viable. How is yours doing after a couple of months?
Less leaking, if you would believe it. Maybe because I started just "touching" the release button after filling, to make certain it's completely sealed.

In any event, this is the happiest solution we've had so far, one season down. I'll report back if it develops a leak -- but from what I've read, the leaks tend to happen when the mattress is folded up in a sofa bed, which is understandable if there's a pinch with the inner springs. Since ours is always flat, I think there will be less risk of leaking, but time will tell...
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote