TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
retiredgoat

Hey Dave,

What your seeing is the taped off area which I painted after installation, it look's great almost like it came from the factory that way (from a distance that is). hahahaha

Bob
Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
guyindfw

Thanks, Bob. I tried the "fill the holes and screw the screws back in" method, which did not work. Pulled out on the way to Galveston. Not suprising. So, please. A little more information on the fix. Did you inject the PL construction glue into the holes, or cut out a bit of aluminum and fill? I've since adjusted the remaining latches, and just have the one hanging.... Had the delightful experience on this trip of having the water heater and refrigerator trip this trip, and not able to relight the water heater. Will checkout the element when we get home.

Happy Trails!
guyindfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #13
retiredgoat

Hi guyindfw,

The aluminum pad which is glued and riveted covers the old holes which are filled with PL and I moved the screws down a little bit and they held great.

Good Luck.
Bob
Old 03-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
guyindfw

Thanks, Bob. Do the rivets just go through the skin and not the wood? Sorry to be basic about this, but I really want to make sure I do this right. Also, will PL adhesive hold the corner moldings down good?

Thanks for helping me out.
guyindfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
retiredgoat

Your right about the rivets just going through and holding to the skin only, but I used the PL to glue to hold down the pad to the skin. Yes PL is good for plastic to aluminum but make sure your gluing down something that never has to be removed because this stuff is strong.

I just camped and pulled TM to GA and the hold downs are working great.

Good luck

Bob
Old 06-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
Tx Trlmnr

Just did this repair yesterday!

Thank for the pics.

My rivets aren't painted and the metal plates aren't as rounded, but it seems to be solid.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #17
clown9644

Hi guys,
Learned from Ed "the man" of Trialmanor the other day at the Jubilee the reason these things pull out is that the hook latches (you know the big ones that you hook in the middle of the unit) are probably too loose which allows the TM to bounce up and down. The outboard corner latches are just to keep things snug and are not designed to hold things firmly in place. Just lower the main latches some more.
Dave
Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
Dsavage411

I've got the same problem. Last trip lost one of the top piece that the corner latch goes on to. My question... Did you make your own replament or did you order it through Trialmanor? I sent them an email but have not heard back.

Dave
Old 07-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
foxhaven0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsavage411 View Post
I've got the same problem. Last trip lost one of the top piece that the corner latch goes on to. My question... Did you make your own replament or did you order it through Trialmanor? I sent them an email but have not heard back.

Dave
The latches are available in most RV stores as pop up camper lathes. Cheap, and not hard to find at all. That's where we got ours.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
Dsavage411

Thanks Foxhaven0

Tags
corner latch, latch repair