TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2002, 09:39 AM   #21
tipper

Default Re: Furnace and Heater Buddy

don't understand...

the propane heater runs on 12v.
Old 10-17-2002, 09:42 AM   #22
Happytrails

Rick, I for one am HIGHLY pleased with my Heater Buddy, even using it now as I type. My computer's down in my basement in the family room and there's a fireplace down here. Since the thermostat to my house is upstairs, as well as most of the heat, it's much warmer up there than it is down here. Off of a 20lb bottle, I can keep it nice and toasty down here for two weeks in the evenings when I get home from work. Before, I'd start a fire in the fireplace down here, which costed me about $65.00 for a load of wood which would last me about a month....using the "heater buddy" instead, it now costs me $18-24 bucks a month!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]
Old 10-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #23

Tipper,
The furnaces on the TM have a blower that requires electricity to operate, maybe an ignighter too. If you don't have a battery or it is weak, with no shore power no heat.

Rick, you won't be sorry with a Buddy Heater. We use ours for emergency heat at home when the power goes out during ice storms. We have an emergency generator but at 2am during a storm, I am not going to mess with starting it when I can walk to the laundry room pickup a buddy heater and have heat now.

Aaron
Old 10-18-2002, 02:59 AM   #24
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Tipper,
I don't have a battery on my TM. Because I don't dry camp, it hasn't been an issue until last weekend.

Happytrails and Aaron,
Thanks for your responses. I think the Heater Buddy will be a good solution.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 08:12 AM   #25
DancinCampers

Quote:
Tipper,
I don't have a battery on my TM. Because I don't dry camp, it hasn't been an issue until last weekend.
Rick,

I think you should consider having some type of battery in your TM (even a small inexpensive one) , as without one your trailer brakes won't activate if it ever comes loose from your tow vehicle.

Dan
Old 03-09-2003, 11:01 AM   #26
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

Just received my Heater Buddy (from Amazon.com).  Should keep us toasty enough so we won't hardly ever need to use the electricity sucking onboard furnace.  Also picked up the 12' hose to run to the spare tank in front.  But we have several of the 1# cannisters I plan to use up first.  I noticed in the directions that they say to remove the tank after using the heater.  Do people do that every time?  Or maybe just during transport?  

Also, has anybody used a hose longer than the 12' kit?  I noticed on another board that somebody had contacted the factory about extending the 12' hose (by connecting their 5' hose) and was told that a longer hose would likely cause the heater to shut off because of loss of pressure in lengths longer than 12'.  Somewhat akin to voltage drop I imagine.  If you have a longer run how did you do it and how does it work?  Would it behave differently as you gained in elevation?

Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:19 AM   #27
hal

One of the "weaknesses" of the Heat Buddy is the fact it is designed to shut off at an elevation of 6500.  For you flat landers, you may never experience the results of this weakness.  

Also, shop around before you purchase one.  I have seen the advertized in Trailer Life for about $80.00.  Camping World has them at a real sucker price of about $30.00 to $40.00 more.  I realize that prices at Camping World are most usually higher than elsewhere but come on now,  don't make the clerks wear a mask.
8)

Hal
Old 03-10-2003, 01:14 PM   #28

Check your Lowe's and Home Depot stores NOW!
I have seen the Mr Heater Buddy Heaters on sale for $58 ;D

Aaron 8)
Old 03-17-2003, 10:47 AM   #29
Happytrails

Funny that this topic should pop up at this particular time. After buying two 12' hoses to run my heater buddy off the tougue a long time ago, then not being able to find a connector to connect them together as they're both left hand twist, I found a connector put out by, you guessed it, Heater Buddy! (two days ago) Now here's where it gets really weird, and where I feel REALLY stupid. Yours truely isn't one to usually just follow the instructions now matter how simple they may be, finally decided to actually follow the instructions in the original manual, and to my surprise, my furnace WORKS! LIKE A CHAMP! Yup, couldn't believe it....and at first didn't think it was going to come on, but it clicked after waiting for a while, and lit right up! (I still need to find my yellow goop for connecting the lines together so's I can try the heater buddy on 24' of line, but don't expect it will make a difference since the pressure regulator is on the heater itself, not before it starts up the line.) Lol......if all else fails........read the instructions......

Humbley,

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails..........[/glow]