TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Thinking about a Class B for retirement...

We're still in the dreaming phase of moving into retirement, but it will be in the next few years if we can manage it.

We both love our TM dearly and would like to keep it, if we can have somewhere to store it. We've always dreamed of traveling around the country and having an RV that is easier to fit into campsites and camping incognito when needed.

I just started looking at the MBZ vans, but the straight conversions are just too small for full-timing. And they really don't seem to get very good gas mileage (and they are really expensive). Some of the bigger conversions by Thor, etc. look really nice, but there are too many electronics built in for my taste. Then I started looking at different conversions for earlier years and they were a whole heck of a lot cheaper.

And then I think about having to pack up the RV every time we needed to go to the store, and maybe the TM with our 2001 Chevy with 90K miles on it would be OK...It has everything that we need and it's already paid for..

Just daydreaming here..