TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #11
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Was it Padgett or Bruce Perens selling their 2720? That’s the one to buy...Is it still for sale?
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscha356 View Post
Thanks all for responding!

I can't seem to open your links, even though I am signed in...... Am I missing something here?
You may have forgotten that the Forum offers a one-time 30-day free membership, during which you are carried as a Trial Member. When that expires, you can upgrade to Site Sponsor for $12 a year, or you can allow your membership to lapse, dropping you to Registered Guest level. If you choose not to upgrade, the Forum doesn't hassle you with spammy pleas for your money.

Registered Guests have access to only a small portion of the Forum, but not to any of the deeper technical content. Since you registered 5 years ago, and never upgraded, you are now carried as a Registered Guest. That's why you can't follow the links.

Incidentally, the $12 Sponsor fee goes to pay the expenses of the Forum. Unlike most other on-line forums, you will notice that this Forum allows no ads. So we all try to carry our own weight.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
bheisser

Bob (bheisser) your replacement couch looks promising. I have looked at etrailers site and am unsure what you purchased (a link would be appreciated). I don’t see anything with armrests.

I COVERED THE EXISTING WITH MATERIAL FROM PAT CATANS FABRIC,,I ALSO COVERED THE BASE, HAD TO TAKE BASE APART

Would you consider it comfortable or just better than what was there?
BETTER THAN WHAT WAS THERE, MY WIFE SAYS IT IS COMFORTABLE,, I AM USSUALLY OUTSIDE
How difficult was the instillation?
I AM PRETTY HANDY INSTALLED ON EXISTING HARDWARE SO I HAD To REMOVE THE OLD COUCH, REMOVE ANGLE IRON AND USE A CUTOFF TOOL TO CUT OFF THE RAISED WELDS FOR THE EXISTING COUCH, PUT ANGLE IRON BACK, THEN SET THE COUCH IN PLACE AND MARK HOLES,, DRILL HOLES (YOU WILL NEED A GOOD BIT)
RECOVERED FABRIC...
PROBABLY TOOK M.E 6-8 HOURS TOTAL
Did you purchase a stand along couch I or just the seat and b,ack and use existing TM storage box to put it on? EXISTING, BUT IT MAY BE EASIER TO BUY THE LEG KIT AND JUST REMOVE THE FACIA PIECE WHEN U WANT TO USE THE FURNACE
Were you able to keep the storage under the couch?
YES, BUT IT IS A LITTLE TIGHTER TO GET STUFF IN AND OUT
We have fold out tables in front of the couch. Did you have to remove them to make this fit?[/QUOTE]
YES IT WOULD BE HARD TO PUT THEM BACK IN, THE COUCH COME OUT TO FAR

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Furnitur...95-000013.html
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #14
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Bob, I have a 2013 2720SL that I'm going to put up for sale as soon as I can get it out of the garage and take some pics to post. I purchased it new and it's in very good shape. I just haven't had time to use it, so I've decided to sell it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #15
porscha356

Hello All,

Shane86: I did contact Mr. Padgett back on April 3rd. This was my second correspondence with him. He initially had a question which I answered in response, but he never responded back again. I just assumed the TM was sold.

Bill: sorry but I joined 5 years ago and forgot about membership fees. I'll get on that.......

Bheisser: Thanks for the info. Looks like you are on the right track.

Thanks All,

Bob
porscha356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #16
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Bob,

Thanks for the information. I am even more interested now. Hoping you wouldn’t mind answering a few more questions.

We usually spend little time in the TM when we are camping but went to the beach during a stretch of nice weather this winter. Having hours between darkness and bedtime emphasized that the couch is functional but not exceptionally comfortable. I don’t know how much better it was when new but ours has always felt soft to me and I noticed the foam is flaking so suspect age is a factor. I was considering having it reupholstered and maybe somehow upgraded to improve comfort. I am a little concerned that I would be trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, hence my interest in this repayment couch.

Did you replace it as an upgrade or because the original was needing replaced? From your comment about the comfort of the new couch I was uncertain if you and your wife think this is a significant upgrade from what you had.

Like you I am fairly handy and can figure out how to do most things. I am wondering exactly why you didn’t think the couch would fit with the original armrests reupholstered and tables left in. I have the TM in the garage and can’t look at it but eyeballing yours it looks to me like it should work. We have only used the tables a handful of times but they can be useful.

It looked like you reupholstered the front of the couch where the furnace vents. I think it looks good and was wondering why you bothered with the facica piece? People reviewing the couch complained that the couch with legs was not stable so I think I would prefer using the existing box like you did.

Thanks again for the help.

Roger

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #17
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheisser View Post
etrailer has some nice furnitire,, i swapped mine out,, not a love seat, but better than what was there
WOW! I love this!!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote