TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
BLAZER

Default Looking at 2619....

Newbie here, good looking forum!
I have a few questions on a 2619 for sale in our area. We come from a popup, currently have Rockwood 1640, 8" box....cramped to say the least and are looking to upgrade and came across the Trail Manors....very interesting. We were in the market for a hybrid, about 19-21 foot, but most are out of our price range. Anyway, hit the Trail Manor website, got a brochere, and happen to see this 1999 2619 for sale in area. Haven't looked at it yet, but I'm interested in what to look for. They are asking $5999 for it(bank repo), small tear in linoleum, slight faded carpet, according to them, but in good shape.
Any suggestions witht his make/model?
We like the openness of the popup/hybrids, but also like the "home" feel of TT's.
Is there any know problems with the '99's? LEAKS? ( I read somewhere that they are flimsy sidewalls???)
Would we maybe better off with a hybrid since it opens bigger?
Can you get into these when they are close like a popup?
Never seen these until now, but we like the look of it, in person maybe different.Hoping to go see it this weekend if it's still around.

Tow vehicle is Chevy Astro ( 5200#'s tow rating) so I can pull it easily.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Marty from Cinci.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Of course any trailer could have leaks. There is nothing I've heard about good or bad model years. I have a 1996 2518 (a size they don't make anymore) I've had it a year. No leaks and I tow with a 1999 Astro. The walls are constructed of a foam core sandwiched between aluminum sheets. This is what makes it light and easy to tow and nicely insulated. We had a tent trailer prior to this and much prefer the hard walls to canvas. This was why I didn't want a hybrid. You would need a weight distribution hitch with your Astro. And while you can stay hitched when open, it is hard to access the back of the Astro when the shells are open.
And no, you cannot access the inside when closed down. This is a downside, for sure. Changing a tire also requires popping the shells.
Another downside is that it's hard to find an outfit to work on them...at least in California. I am lucky that there is a place 2 hours away but generally RV places around where I live say "what's a TrailManor?" You will see lots of posts where people do their own repairs and modifications.
Having said that, I still am glad to have it. it tows easily. It's comfortable. And I love having a bath and shower.
Cheri
PS
If it's in good shape, thats a great price.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Used 2619

We bought a used 2619 a year ago. We had been tent campers for years and years, so this was a big step up for us. Before buying the TM we rented Class A, and Class C motor homes - too big for our needs and we'd have to pay to store it. Also rented a Coleman popup - too small! Not to be confused with the "three bears" we thought the TM was "just right" (for us anyway).

Likes - It fits in the garage (a requirement in this subdivision)
Easy to tow (we tow with with a 1/2 Pickup)
Everything works (stove, refrigerator, toilet, water pump, A/C)
No leaks thus far, and we have been in some hellacious rain
This TM had a fold-away hitch which give us another few feet in the garage
(TM would fit anyway but the extra room is good)
It is not hard to set up or take down (after a little practice that is)
The stock factory beds are quite firm and comfortable for a trailer
Our two dogs like having their own bed - they think this trailer is
the greatest thing ever!

Dislikes - As Cheri noted you can't hop in the back for a quick sandwich or
to use the bathroom without setting the trailer up
Space is at a premium - but we opted for the 2619 - the smallest
TM - in hindsight the 2720 would have been a better choice if one
was available at the time. Like any TT, if you're not careful the
inside of the trailer can quickly become a
cluttered mess- The larger TMs are probably better in this regard
The side mounted A/C performs marginally - I've heard that the
rooftop units are better - but we don't use the A/C all the time
anyway
We didn't like the carpet that came with the TM, so we removed it
and put in a new laminate floor. Much easier to maintain.

The quoted price seems reasonable if the trailer is in as good a shape as they say. You can check out the "Book Value" at the NADA website. As you might have already found out, there don't seem to be a whole lot of used TrailManors for sale. If you buy it, then find out you don't really like it, you can probably sell it without too much effort, or financial hurt.

Good luck with your selection.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
BLAZER

WOW, those are some quick replies.
I checked the NADA and with the options I know it has, it low retails at 6100 and high retail at 7300 so even if we would have to pruchase it at their 5999 with no haggling, it sounds like a decent deal.
I really like the fact that it tows low and is light weight, big factor for gas mileage and wear/tear on the TV. My Astro is rear wheel drive with extra springs in the rear and hopefully will be getting a V8 transplant this winter so no worries in that dept.
Since we now have a popup, having to put everything on the floor is no big deal either, can live with that. Storage maybe an issue though, epsecially with bringing bikes,firewood etc. I now have a basket/tray for the hitch which has an extension on it to tow the camper. That will be a no no for a bigger trailer, the tongue weight would probably be way to much so have to find a new spot for the bikes.
Shower and bathroom look great. I have a 6 yr old that has to pee every hour and that would be great. Wifey likes that option too.
They look really appealing, but a couple drawbacks I already see.....
1. Not being able to get in while closed. I can still do this with the popup, guess we could live with that.
2. Seems tight on floor space, but we have a, 8' box popup so wthat would be double....pent house for us.
Other than that, don't see too many drawbacks. Guess I will know once I see it. I'm the kind of person....I will look at it, walk away, make offer and if it's meant to be, then I will get it. just have to wait and see.

Thanks for replies.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
2bcs1jrt

My pop up was a 8 ft box too. This is a great improvement for us. I travel with my husband and 3 dogs. There are drawers cabinets and a wardrobe closet and using over the door hooks from the bathroom wall makes more hanging space.
Make sure with the NADA stuff that they aren't listing standard equip. as options. I paid $7800 for mine and got kinda screwed cause of that. The sellers listed lots of options that were not options at all.
Just FYI
Cheri
Old 06-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
sir1doc

I will echo the others who upgraded from a pop up. We have an older 1991 and love it. as for quality, if well cared for as ours was, it will last a long time. We had a 12ft box coleman and now love the TM. While the storage is still low in the TM, the cabinets in my PU folded down in half too. Not so in the TM so I can leave them full, so there is tons more "full time" storage in the TM.
We camped this weekend and the temp hit 37 saturday. A record low for june since the 1800's. Next to me was a newer medium sized jayco Hybrid and in the morning I heard all of them outside complaining of how cold the beds were even with the furnace on. Not us. We were toasty warm. took the advice of a small fan on the floor to help move air to the back bed and we were fine. I checked the kids in the night and they didn't even have covers on. Can't say that for the folks in the hybrid. and for the set up, We take about 30 min versus the 45 for the pop up so there is a small savings there.
good luck with your choice.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #7
sir1doc

nicely put Texas Camper.....
Old 06-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
2bcs1jrt

If you look in General disscussions under New TrailManor owner, you'll see that BLAZER is prospective no more. He is now one of us!
Cheri
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #9
canon7594

Default Looking at 07'2619

Greetings All,

New member here in the forum and a prospective owner of a 07'-2619. So far I've been impressed with the member support with other newbies here with various types of questions. My wife and I are interested in the 07'-2619 and we fell in love with one at a local dealer here in Southern California. But the cost of an 07 is a bit pricey so we maybe looking at a used one here. Our criteria is a tidy 05'-06' model. I'll keep you posted with our decision.

Best,

canon7594