TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
myersm

I also live in Colorado Springs. I have my TM in a storage lot just East of the city . I picked up my TM yesterday to get ready for a trip... and wow... I have hundreds of huge dents from the hail, to include busted vents, lights, trim, etc, etc. I even have dents on the side of the unit! I haven't talked to my Insurance Company yet, but I guess that'll be the next step! Even though it's an older unit (2002), it's still (or was) in really good shape.
myersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #12
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

We were in western Nebraska along I-80 on July 4th when this hail storm went through....NE Colorado, SE Wyoming, and western Nebraska. They talked about hail the size of quarters on the weather station, so we hightailed it back east a bit to miss the storm. Even then, we ended up spending a few hours that night in a cinder block laundry room at the campground we were at, taking shelter from the tornado 20 miles from us and headed our way.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #13
Redhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by myersm View Post
I also live in Colorado Springs. I have my TM in a storage lot just East of the city.
Do you use the Circle S storage area by chance? My space is between 2 large class C RV's I'm sure that helped protect the sides a bit, but the front and especially the rear got some BIG dents!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #14
myersm

I'm at T-Gap Storage, just east of Penrose Hospital on Woodmen. I talked to my insurance company today about my options. I need to get estimates from the Dealer for the repails and also get an appraisal. I'm sure the cost of replacing the top of both shells far exceeds the value of the unit. However, they mentioned a way I can cash it out, but then keep the unit as a salvage unit with no restrictions on using it and selling it later. So I need to do some more homework on the whole process.
Have you talked to your insurance folks yet? Maybe we can compare some notes. I'll send you my contact info on your TM email.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
myersm

John, did you settle your Hail Claim with the Insurance Company? How did it go? I got my estimate from the Car Show last week... it was about $12K.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
RogerR

I had hail damage and the insurance company gave me a check less deductible. The catch is if I have another claim and have not done the repairs (which I did not) you can only claim up to the difference between the value and what you have already been paid. In effect I effectively sold mine for cash but kept the camper. Doing this does not give you a salvage title.
I used it several years and sold it.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I had hail damage and the insurance company gave me a check less deductible. The catch is if I have another claim and have not done the repairs (which I did not) you can only claim up to the difference between the value and what you have already been paid. In effect I effectively sold mine for cash but kept the camper. Doing this does not give you a salvage title.
I used it several years and sold it.
Glad it worked out so well......

Now, you can sell that trailer...put the money from the sale with the money from the insurance and buy a newer trailer.....