TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-11-2004, 07:07 PM   #1
EPICSDUDE

Default Cover for 2720SL

Has anyone used the Adco cover for the TM while the trailer is in the up position? In the south, we can camp year round and I never put the trailer down for storage. The popup version looks kinda short. I think it would probably work, because I mainly want just the upper part of the TM covered.

A regular travel trailer cover will work and cover everything, but is it necessary? ???

Thanks
Rocky
Old 07-12-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
doug and antonea

Default Re:Cover for 2720SL

I have the 16-18 foot Adco pop up cover. It fits perfect with the TM closed. I think it may be a bit short on length with the TM open. The Hi-Lo cover may fit better with the TM open.

doug
Old 07-13-2004, 01:24 AM   #3
Gwenzilla

Doug, do you also have a 2720? I have a 2619 and was thinking of a Hi-lo cover for the 2619 in closed configuration. Now I'm thinking it may be too big if you are using a pop-up cover on a 2720.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:09 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Like Doug, I have the Adco 12295 (16-18') folding camper cover. It fits quite well over my closed 2720SL, including the propane bottles. The next-smaller one (12294, 14-16') MIGHT fit a 2619 - you would have to measure to be sure.

As I recall, the Hi-Lo covers are huge. They have a little more height (60" vs 42"), but there is so much fabric in the other directions that you might have trouble tying it down.

Pop-up covers
http://www.adcocovers.com/sfs_aqua-shed_pop_ups.htm

Hi-Lo covers
http://www.adcocovers.com/sfs_aqua-shed_hi_lo.htm

Any RV dealer can order one for you. The ones in my area all had the same price (it must be a catalog item for them) and two-day delivery.

HTH

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Gwenzilla

Based on the previous postings here I have been looking into buying a pop-up cover instead of the mentioned Hi-Lo cover I had been planning on using. ADCO's website and the Camping World catalog both indicate that the pop-up covers are for 85" wide trailers... and the TM is 91" wide (plus a tad for the awning I'm sure) . Is the width a problem for those of you that have pop-up covers??
Old 07-17-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I had the same concern. What I ended up doing was measuring the total circumference of the trailer body at its biggest point including the awning. That is, twice the max width plus twice the max length. I compared this to the total circumference of the cover (again, twice the width plus twice the length), as given on the ADCO website. Since the ADCO circumference is larger, I concluded that cover WOULD fit around the biggest part of the trailer, so the cover WOULD pull down around the trailer body. And it does, quite nicely. What it means in practical terms is that the corner seams in the cover don't fall exactly at the corners of the trailer - but who cares?

ADCO will build you a custom cover, where all the seams fall exactly where you would expect - but I didn't inquire as to cost.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:19 PM   #7
Gwenzilla

Bill thanks for the response, your method sounds like the way to go. As soon as I get the TM back from the dealer I'll utilize your method.
Side note: I took the TM back to the dealer to leave with him so they can install a lift kit, and on the way there we stopped by Camping World with the TM in tow to purchase a couple of hundred dollars worth of camping swag. In addition I picked up an ADCO 14 cover and when I got to the check-out counter I asked the guy if I could purchase the cover and take it out to the parking lot to try it on the TM... told him I wanted to check the fit and if it didn't fit I would bring it in and trade it for the next larger size. I was astonished when he said no way, if it didn't fit I could not exchange it at all.... no way.
Hmmmm OK then buddy... you keep it.
Pissed off customer (me) stewed a bit, mumbled a bit, put a new wrinkle in my brow, but 10 minutes later my blood pressure was back to normal as the miles lengthened between me and them. However I do not think too highly of Camping World anymore.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
jackehop41

Default Cover for a 3023?

Has anyone purchased an ADCO cover for a 3023? If so, what size etc. Thanks, JACK
Old 10-17-2005, 07:59 AM   #9
dlkcub

Default 3326 Cover

What do you use to cover a 3326? The folding camper covers aren't big enough and the Hi-Lo covers are too long. Right now I assume I'll just get the Hi-Lo cover and find a way to deal with the extra length.

Dave
Old 10-17-2005, 08:34 AM   #10
BobRederick

Dave
I have the ADCO for Hi-Lo. It is too long, but I just pull the extra down over the tongue so I get my tanks and jack all covered. Works for me very well. I'd tell you the P/N if I knew it, but I bought it from Camping World and selected one by size.