TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
Ggonnella

Default Replacing toiiet

We are in Southern California and would like to replace the recirculating toilet with one that flushes and has a holding tank under the toilet. Just curious if anyone has done this and if so who did it for you?
Ggonnella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggonnella View Post
We are in Southern California and would like to replace the recirculating toilet with one that flushes and has a holding tank under the toilet. Just curious if anyone has done this and if so who did it for you?
Replaced mine with a Thetford Curve. It's a cassette but the tank is under the toilet and it flushes, but the flush isn't connected to the water line -- it has a water tank built in. This does mean manual filling of the water and manual emptying of the tank when it's full -- but that can happen in any toilet, bathroom, or pit toilet available. So I can park indefinitely without sewer hookups and just empty the toilet when it needs without having to worry about moving the TM.

There are threads that describe the install better, but I basically removed the old toilet, built a little platform over the plumbing, and then installed the base plate for the new toilet. It then just snaps onto the base plate and is then easily removed for emptying, cleaning, etc. No plumbing required.

Honestly, couldn't be happier with the end result.

There are others who have plumbed in a Sealand with a separate black tank that is emptied through the pipe like the Thetford that came with your TM, and if that's what you want, then maybe someone can pipe in on their experience.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Is there a specific reason why you wish to get rid of the recirculating toilet?

Several members here have come up with some pretty good solutions for solving some of the most unpleasant issues.

Flyboy has come up with one of the best for smell, as far as I know: https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=19938

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default options

There's several posts of folks going with that kind of toilet your asking about. I went with installing a cassette toilet and am very happy with my choice. As you can see folks on the forum are happy to help you if it's a smell issue, or some other problem with your toilet.
I would suggest you become a member of the forum, it will be the best money you can spend if you need help or information on the TM.
The link below is an old one, but still has good info. Also can you tell us what version and year model of TM you have. It helps a lot when trying to answer questions.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...5575#post95575
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote