TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
patmaxam

Smile Didn't know what I had!

I was lucky enough to stumble across a 1990 TM on my bowhunting forum while looking for a junk camper to park at camp. I got real lucky. This thing is awesome. It will be much more than a portable deer camp and at 750$ it was a steal. The gentleman wanted it to go to a hunting home and was willing to let it go cheap to do so. At least I think it was a good deal??
Everything seems to work great except the fridge and I can already see the amount of help available with that in this forum. (Awesome)
My wife and I were thinking about restoring it and I was a bit curious to what the interior looked like originally. Curtains, clock, cabinets etc. also curious if there are still upgrades available for this year. The seller gave me all the original paperwork which too is amazing. I had never even heard of this camper and I have been camping in WI my whole life. I now live in Lawrenceville Ga and plan on dragging this up there to show it off.
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a new TM owner!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
patmaxam

We call her Prime. Named after Optimus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	7890  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

Default 90 tm

hi yas
want your money back? lol that is a deal, i have a soft spot for the older tm's, just sold my 91 tm a few months back, it had alot of updated items,curtains, floor covering,fresh water tank, pump, rebuilt thedford, wheel well mod, and so on and so on,,
go ahead and spend the 12 dollers, and become a full member of the family, we will help you put that ole girl back in shape, anything i can do just ask.

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Pat -

You are fortunate. This board has some truly excellent sources of restoration info for older units.

One, as you already know, is hillbillyhotel.
Another is MariaG.
The HappyTrails Repair Blog in the Tech Library has some good, though some of the original info is gone. Check

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10660

Other members have units from mid-to-late 90's, and always seem glad to help.

As noted, you will want to become a Sponsor so as not to lose access to these posts and people.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
MariaG

Welcome to the forum! What a deal you got, I'm soooo jealous. We picked up a 1986 TM a few years back for $1800 - knowing what I know now, well.......we should have never paid that much, but it's been a fun time restoring it and "meeting" all the great people on this forum.

I encourage you to become a member - it will be the best $12 you spend on your Trailmanor. There is so much help and knowledge available here that you will not fine anywhere else and friendly too.

Our TM story is on a blog I wrote - the address is in my signature below. Again, welcome!
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Joseph

Thumbs up You know a Prime?

OK - You are in Georgia and someone likes Optimus in your family. That is two good things right off the bat. Join up and make it three. Being as I make a living out in the medical tech world I cannot help but love the Transformers. I know, sad, 55 year old man has all three movies..... But since you " know a Prime " and are in Georgia holler at me if you need help with something. I am in Griffin. Good luck with Prime. It looks good for 750!

Can't help but hear the robots evertime I open and close my TM....
Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
patmaxam

Thanks everyone. I will be joining the club. Kinda a no brainer there. Quick question, when the camper is extended it appears that the front half is sagging a bit. Maybe 3" from middle to end. Big problem or easy fix? Any thoughts?

Here's another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	7898  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #8
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

LOL
PIC NEEDS A LITTLE WORK,
AS FAR AS SAGING , IT MAY LOOK THAT WAY, BUT PUT A LEVEL ON IT, IT WILL SURPRISE YOU, OR A TAPE FROM EACH END TO GROUND,
DOES IT OPEN AND CLOSE EASY? IF NOT, MY NEED A ADJUSTMENT, NOT A REAL BIG DEAL. THIS MY GET IT MORE LEVEL IF NEEDED.

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
kempert
Site Sponsor

I turned my laptop upside down and the picture looked fine.
I've noticed that my TM seems to be a little humped-back. I've never worried about it since there are no leaks and everything works fine despite having been totaled in a crash two and half years ago. I've noticed that other TMs that I've seen in campgrounds also have the same appearance. It might be an optical illusion.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmaxam View Post
Thanks everyone. I will be joining the club. Kinda a no brainer there. Quick question, when the camper is extended it appears that the front half is sagging a bit. Maybe 3" from middle to end. Big problem or easy fix? Any thoughts?
The middle of the roof on our is higher than each end of the top shells, that way rainwater drains off better. I don't know if it's 3", but it's noticeable.

Welcome to the forum & have fun with your TM!