TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
Debian Dog

Default Went to an RV show yesterday

This is really not a question... just an observation.

We bought a TM last week. I think like most people that spend a lot of money on something (maybe twice as much as a low cost travel trailer) we, at one time or another, questioned our decision. We went to the RV show with an open mind and a lot more knowledge than we had perviously had but, were ready to except the fact we many have spent "too much money".

We looked at hundreds of travel trailers, popups, and even a few fifth wheels for fun. But when we really looked... I mean "looked" especially at he new "lightweight" or "featherweight" trailers we noticed really shoddy construction and 9 times out of 10 they were still a lot heavier. If we compared 27 foot trailer to 27 foot trailer... well... there was no comparison. Sometimes when we saw something poorly made we would point and laugh out loud and add something like, "Can you imagine what that is going to look like in 5 years?"

TrailManor was at the show too, and we went there last before leaving. Our dealer did not have a spot inside the show and he was in the parking lot with (4) TM models. A TM rep, Tim, was also there and we sat down and chit-chatted with him briefly. It should also be noted that it was getting ready to snow at the Richmond show and since the dealer was paying for the electricity, they had $20 electric ceramic heaters running inside the TM and it was PLENTY warm enough inside. So while we were there talking with Tim I was telling him about all the internet fables I had heard (parts falling off, squeaking springs, other non-sence) we laughed about the "springs" since the TM uses "torsion bars" to raise and lower the upper halves of the trailer. As luck would have it a man came in asking about an upgrade to his 1992 TM he had just picked up (used). Tim gave him the e-mail address of someone he could address his question at the plant and before he left Tim said, "Hey umm... how good does your TrailManor open and close?" He paused smiled and said, "Just like the ones here at the show."

Now, the only trailer that we would have considered buying at that show was a 60 thousand dollar Airstream AND in order to tow it we would have had to buy a new TV. So I am glad we went to the show if only to find out I already had the best -my- money could buy.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Magdefrau

Proof..we did good going for th TM.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Bill & Lisa

We also did some after the fact research at the RV show here in Va Beach. There was only one model travel trailer I would have considered purchasing, with the same problems you encountered--weight, need for a new TV, and the workmanship.

Although TM's are on the pricey side, for my money, they are more than worth the cost. By now we're preaching to the choir! Welcome aboard.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I'm going to the Sacramento Surf and Turf show next weekend. This will be the one year aniversary of seeing my first TM as that is the show where we bought ours.

This time I'm looking for all the other stuff. to go with the TM:

Better mirrors that can be electrically adjusted while driving.
atv for DW
motorcycle for me
collapsible or inflatable boat (my brother wants one)
inverter (another want for my brother)
gadgets for hanging stuff

and just general curiosity.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I forgot to mention that Stan at Dinuba RV was kind enough to provide some free tickets to cover the entrance fee. I just have to pay for parking. So I'll get to spend that amount of money on "goodies".
Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #6
MidwestDave

Default RV Show in Wisconsin Feb 16-19

Any prospective TM owners can view up close and ask questions of dealer and possibly TM manufacture rep ( was at last one in Rockford,Il in Jan.) at the RV Show in West Alis,Wi (Milwaukee area) 8200 W Greenfield Ave West Alis ,Wi 53214. I do know that the dealer brings several models and he is inside building too! They are expecting a big snow storm starting thursday!
We are still going because we will be staying 15 minutes away at my daughters in Waukeshaw.It's a great opportunity to see the TM and check out all the features. Last show in Rockford I talked with factory rep. about some of the up comming features to be offered: solar panels , satelite tv dish,and they are asking owners for other features they would like to see offered. There is a link on the form for that. Hope those who are looking at the TM and are close to the area take advantage of this opportunity!

Midwest Dave
On the shores of the mighty Mississippi