TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
curiouscamper

Default Water/Sewer Hook Up?

I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for on the site. Is this an option with the a Trailmanor or is the only option a cassette style toilet?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Al-n-Sue

What exactly is your question?

TM comes with a recirculating toilet - like what you find on an airplane. The waste is stored in a holding take that is part of the toilet assembly, but the liquid is filtered and treated with chemicals and used for flushing. That way you do not use your fresh water supply for flushing. Nor do you have to store the additional water in a holding take.
Cassette is not an option as far as I know - removing and dumping would be a problem - the shells are in the way. Some owners have retrofitted a standard RV toilet with a holding take - but not an easy task from what I could tell.

The hook up for dumping is no different than a typical RV.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
rumbleweed

Actually both. TM offers only the recirculating toilet, However it has a traditional sewer hookup that can be used to empty it when necessary. It does not have an external water supply. Several people have converted to a traditional RV flush toilet and you can find those threads under plumbing. Unless your living in the TM on a long term basis , the installed toilet works fairly well.