TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
coralcrazed
BannedUsers

Default help with lights...

OK so I purchased a rear view camera and decided to install it today... I decided that the best light to hook the wire providing the power to the camera would be (what I think are called) the running lights. I have a 2006 TM, i'm refering to the red and orange lights that are on at the top edge of the TM. I hooked it upto the back left side red running light. after I made and tested the connections everything was fine and I got a picture when I turned on the lights. I should have left it alone but then I got the bright idea to connect it to the back left break light. so I tested it on the bottom blub and realized that the power gets delivered to the camera only when the break is depresed (of course). so I went ahed and disconnected it from the break light when I noticed a small spark. since then the running lights will not power on when I turn on the lights in the Towing Vehicle. I checked all fuses in the TV and they are all good. I checked the batter tube fuse and its fine too. why won't the running lights go back on? just to be clear ALL of the running lights wont go on when I flip the lights on in the TV. I tested the breaks and reverse lights and they do power on. what is causing this and how do I fix the problem that I most likely created??? thanks in advance...
coralcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote