TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #61
larsdennert

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
That is an option for our current situation.. However, a messy one. The cassette toilet is very convenient to use. The people that have them, swear by them.

All I'm saying is that TM does have options and IMHO, they should consider exercising them. The rest of the industry has seen how well the cassette toilets work, it may time to look at them. It would mean a redesign of the bathroom but it is well over-due for change IMO.
I haven't used a tote or a cassette. I assumed they were similar "messiness". If they could move the grey tank, there would be room for a black tank. We should relook how some people created an extra black tank down there.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:36 AM   #62
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I think the biggest problem with a cassette toilet is access to the cassette while the TM is closed. You'd have to make doors through both shells AND the wall. And the hole in the front shell would be right at the rear-most edge of the shell where it is framed. That's pretty complicated....structural and sealing difficulties to overcome.

I could remove the cassette prior to closing the TM, or open the TM at the dump station to remove the cassette, but neither of those options are particularly appealing.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #63
nonichris

I want to report that our Thetford toilet is finally fixed and working as shown in the video. The process of getting it fixed took nearly 6 months and numerous calls to Thetford, to RV Brokers and to Trail Manor. It still would not be fixed, because RV BRokers failed to notice that the part had arrived from the factory and it sat there unnoticed while the entire service yard was moved to a new location. If Chris had not tracked it down through UPS we would still not have the TM or a functioning toilet. We are very happy to finally have a toilet that works, but very vexed to have had to do so much work to accomplish something that in reality should have been relatively simple.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #64
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Congratulations! It's a shame that it took so long. You are to be commended on your perseverance in overcoming so many obstacles.
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote