TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Steppy

Default Maiden TM Camping Trip A Success

We bought our TM last Dec and just had our first camping trip with it at Bethpage Campground in Urbana, VA, about 3.5 hours from our home. The TM towed extremely well and our 2006 Highlander TV had no problem pulling it. Bethpage had thousands of campers and golf carts were running all over the place. We went with friends, but I'd prefer a more wilderness type campground. We had a good time nonetheless and were thankful for the TM's great A/C in the 90 degree heat.

I had a panic moment a week ago when testing the Thetford and it leaked under the TM. The wife was none too pleased saying I should have tested it sooner. I guess she forgets I was installing new brake assemblies, bearings and a lift kit and repairing a roof leak in my spare time

Come to find out it was installed wrong. Evidently the last owner pulled the toilet and appears to have pulled the blade valve off and when reinstalling it, reversed the tracks holding the nylon wedges that hold the Thetford in place and the wedges were backwards facing the wall! No wonder it leaked. It couldn't be held in place by the wedges. After righting that problem I discovered that the left bolt was lower than the right because the pipe and flange were installed cockeyed, so I couldn't use the 3.4 cm nut spacing from the floor and had to experiment, pulling and reinstalling the Thetford 5 times until it seated correctly. Next time I pull it (and I hope it's not soon) I'll measure the left nut spacing to the floor for future reference.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Curt WDH Trunnion 800 # TW
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote