TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Philip

Default What are people using to tow a 2720 Trailmanor(3100 lb. dry)

Hello folks,

I am in the process of purchasing a Trailmanor 2720 model(approx. 3100 lb. dry). I will also be purchasing a tow vehicle, with the factory tow package, for this unit.

Since I have no practical experience selecting a tow vehicle, I wonder if owners of 2720 models could give me an idea of what they use to tow their 2720 models and how satisfied they are with the tow vehicle performance. I will be towing the unit out west while traveling through the National Parks. We will be spending extended time in the parks - perhaps the better part of a summer season.

My quandry is that I would really like to get a tow vehicle that is the most fuel efficient as possible that can also handle the job. Most of the fuel efficient tow vehicles are V6's (SUV's & Vans) and generally are rated at 3500 lb. tow capacity(empty). These tow vehicles would put me on the edge or slightly over the capacity.

Does anyone have experience towing a TM with a Toyota 4-runner(V6 or V8)?

I would appreciate any experienced user towing a 2720 model giving me there comments.

Thank you for the help,

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote