TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #21
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Dust has finally settled after our return this year, went by the Verizon store and picked up a 890L MIFI and so far it works great. We will try it out next week at Stephen C. Foster SP in GA. Currently looking into a Wilson amp and external antenna setup for more marginal signals. The only problem I see so far with the Wilson amp is the clamping wings don't fit the 890L.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
Tampajohn

Default Republicwireless.com

I am pretty stupid about all of this except I just bought a new laptop for myself at Walmart for Christmas $179. Has Windows 8 and trying to figure out how to use it. I also bought a new phone which was suppose to be shipped today from republicwireless.com. $19 per month seems like a pretty good deal for unlimited everything. A friend of mine got his a month ago and loves it. I think it will make traveling a lot easier since we are on the road about 4 months per year. Looking forward to figuring it out. I was an engineer at Intel about 30 years ago, but everything I know is out of date. Been able to figure out Windows up through Vista, but Windows 8 is a bit tricky.

Some of the drivers do not seem to work on Windows 8. I plan on checking out the tuner and thanks for the info. I try to keep my ears perked when the kids are talking about the latest and greatest in computers. John
Old 12-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #23
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Any type of streaming will certainly eat up a data plan
Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIKERZ View Post
Any type of streaming will certainly eat up a data plan
This is where most folks get in trouble. Unlike DSL or cable plans MIFI and cell data plans are way to expensive for streaming.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote