TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
eplants

Default Electrical Issue

O.K., so I Joined this site the day after I bought a 1998 3023 Trailmanor and have had numerous questions answered but have run into an issue that I have yet to find on the site. This weekend we took the camper out for three days. Everything went great until the last day. It was a hot weekend so we ran the A.C. pretty much non-stop. On the last day I noticed that water was dripping from the A.C. onto the bed. I went to turn ceiling light over the bedroom (that had previously worked) and it did not along with all of the lights in the back of the camper. I checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it and all lights worked. Then turned the A.C. back on (it always ran fine except for the water dripping) then tried the bedroom light and it would not work. Turned the A.C. off again replaced the fuse and all lights in the back of the camper worked except for the over the bed. A little while later I noticed a burning smell in the camper (seemed to be electrical) all of the lights (except for the one over the bed) and outlets still worked and smell went away after I turned off the main breaker. I turned the main breaker on only on when power was absolutely necessary but never smelled anything burning again. I think the problem has to do with the light. I do not know if the wires got wet from the A.C. dripping or if it is something else. I did however notice a humming sound from the panel box the first day that we were there. I just figured that it always made this sound and I had not heard it (probably because of the A.C. on our first trip). Any help or suggestions as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.
eplants is offline   Reply With Quote