TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
Gapopper

Default Living Room Slide 2720

On the 2720SL , do you pull the slide out until it bumps the trailer jack or should there be a slide stop.
Gapopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

it should not hit the jack

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
Gapopper

So should there be a stop to prevent over pulling the slide or do you just estimate. Mine actually has a dimple in the slide where it makes contact with the nut on the Jack handle.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

At each end of the slide, screwed to the living room floor, there should be a small metal plate with a hole in it. This plate becomes visible when the slide is pulled out "just enough". There is a matching latch pin (red handle) on the end of the slide just above the hole. This pin should drop down into the hole, to latch the slide in place. This is what defines "far enough".

So why does your slide go out too far? There are two wooden stop blocks screwed into the floor of the trailer, one on each side, just an inch or so back from the very front edge of the floor. They are not normally visible, but if you go outside the trailer, pull out the slide, and lift the front edge of the slide, you can see them. It sounds like these blocks are missing in your trailer (someone slammed the slide out so hard that they dislodged the blocks), or they have become rounded to the point that the slide simply rolls over them. Either way, they are easy to replace if you lift and support the front edge of the slide.

You may find some helpful info in this very old thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=340

No, your slide should not hit the jack stem.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #5
Gapopper

Thanks Bill , I will have to check this out. If it wasn't for the Jack , I think my slide would come all the way out.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Follow-up note. It has been a dozen years since I worked on the rollers and stop blocks, so my memory is hazy. In my post above, I suggested that in order to get access to the stop blocks, you should pull the slide out all the way, then lift the front edge. It is quite possible that a better procedure is to push the slide all the way in, then lift its front edge. Either way, the idea is to get the slide itself lifted up off the floor and tracks, exposing the stop blocks so you can work on them.

Beyond that, I think Denny_A, one of our original mechanical experts, suggested that when you pull out the slide, you can intentionally pull it crooked for the last few inches. At the end of its travel, one side of the slide will remain on the track, while the other end goes beyond the end of the track (have some support in place!). The result is that the stop block becomes visible from inside the trailer. Much easier to work on.

Sorry I cannot be more precise, but I don't think it will be difficult for you to try out all three methods and see which works best.

Bill
Old 09-19-2016, 09:10 AM   #7
Gapopper

I looked at the photos of the rollers and pins. My slide is missing the red handled pins. We just bought this TM last week. I bet someone pulled too hard on the slide or forgot to unlatch the pins before pushing the slide in. I should be able to find the pin holes to give me a reference where the slide should stop.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #8
Bill
Site Team

FWIW, many people (including me) found the pins to be more annoying than useful, and removed them. But yes, you should be able to find the hole-plates in the floor.

Bill