TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
bell
Site Sponsor

Question returned check

Chris , I received my check back from Rio Rancho ,NM today .What is your new address?I am trying to up date my membership because I will have a 2010 next week. I sold my 2004 Trailmanor 3 years ago. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
PopBeavers

I also am interested in where to send a check.

I don't trust PayPal.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I also am interested in where to send a check.

I don't trust PayPal.
What's up with, "I don't trust PayPal"??????

I've been using PayPal for years (probably about 10 years). I use it for all eBay purchases, concert tickets, purchasing from online stores, I even send money to my kids & grandkids over PayPal. Never once had an issue.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I actually trust PayPal more than most forms of payment. You just need to use common sense & know who you are dealing with. Oh you also should have a very hard password.

And don't forget PayPal is more at your mercy than you are theirs. You can reverse anything they do within reason.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I used PayPal once and eve since I have been flooded with SPAM from them, or someone claiming to be them. I have email rules to delete all email that contains PAYPAL anywhere in the From field.

Same goes for eBAY.

I believe that both of them have sold my email address for their gain and my anger.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
AstroBruce

When you get an email from someone claiming to representing your bank, wanting account numbers and passwords, do you stop using that bank?

It's not your bank sending you that crap.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Wayne that is odd I have never received any spam directly because of eBay or PayPal & I even ran a Internet Company on eBay years ago. Just in case you are wondering how I can make that claim it is because I assign e-mail addresses to different companies/sites that I can track just incase they sell my address to spam-ers. Now on the other hand the addresses I use with buyers & sellers sometimes has to be changed because of Spam.

I do realize we may have a different experience than you though.

2008 3023

Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
ameridan

Those emails you get from PayPal and eBay are from spammers trying to get you to click on their email link so they can grab your password. I've never in 10 years had a problem or spam mail from them.

Simply remember to never use an email link - use your "Favorites" link instead.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
PopBeavers

I am reasonably knowledgeable about how the web works. I have been programming since 1974. At one time I worked on a team that implemented an HTTP server for a main frame. I have used sniffers so I know what they can do.

It just seems to be too much of a coincidence that I make one purchase (buy it now) from eBay using PayPal and within days it becomes my number one source of spam. Been that way since 2005. It was my Valley Industries Odyssey brake controller that I purchased.

If the vendor and PayPal and eBay did not contribute to it, then at least one of them failed to protect their (my) data adequately. It is clear from the contents of the email that they were aware of transaction dates and a couple of other details.

I have made online purchases from any number of companies, using my credit card directly with them, and have never had this problem. In my experience, this is isolated to eBay, PayPal and the one business back east. Amazon, Borders, recreation.gov, Hertz, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, etc. have never been a problem for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #10
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Wayne I wasn't questioning your knowledge I was just saying unless you completely shielded the address used for eBay & PayPal which I even use two different ones for them you may be blaming the wrong source. Again My experience may not be the same as yours but if anyone had a chance to get spam from eBay & PayPal it would be me since I was a Power Seller.

Now on the other hand we did get tons of spam from our own web site until we quit publishing our e-mail on it. Now days I still use e-mail addresses for specific reasons & if spam starts showing up I simply discontinue their use & create a new one.

As a final thought you must always do what you believe is good for you & your family. Since we have had identity theft I can't & wont blame you for being cautious how you do business.

2008 3023