TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
Jim-NY

Default Broken Glass Door Front on Oven

We finally got away for a few days last week to use our TM for the first time. Overall everything went very well. We love our TM!

It should be on different thread, but let me just interject that the Ridgeline pulled it easily. I even bought a 12' X 24' X 8' "Instant Garage" to store it in on my way home and put it in the truckbed. I don't know exactly what it weighs...but it is very heavy and the truck did fine with that extra weight plus a loaded TM.

Now for the real issue...when I opened up the TM after getting home I found that the stove top grate came off. Apparently on it's way to the floor it must have bounced off the chair and broke the black glass panel on the oven door.

I did a few searches and didn't see any mention of the glass breaking for anyone else here. I was wondering if that is true. In my searches I saw I should have put a pilllow on top of the stove. I also see I may need to balance my trailer tires. Can I have someone drive in a car beside the trailer on the interstate and look to see if the tires appear to bounce? Or can they be too much out of balance before they get that obvious?

As to the oven - does anyone know if the glass is functional and needed? Under the glass is just a metal door. It is not a see through window. Without the glass the door handle is floppy and I assume the front of the oven might get hot to the touch without it. We have a microwave and a toaster oven, so I don't expect to actually use the TM oven very often. If I don't need it, I just lost a pound or two!

If I do need to replace it, would it be corect to assume I would order it from the oven manufacturer? Is this a part I might find at a RV junkyard?

Jim
Old 11-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
Gene Colorado

Smile Broken glass on oven door.

Our glass broke many years ago and I just left it that way. The oven works fine, but the chance of getting burned on the door are greater. This is not a ideal if you have small kids around

Cheers,
Gene
Gene Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Getting the tires balanced isn't very expensive and I consider it essential. I wouldn't go to a lot of trouble to figure out if they are out of balance, if they haven't been professionally balanced, you can assume that they are. The biggest hassle is just taking them off and putting them back on.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote