TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
ib4classics

Default Factory tour

Wife and I took our TM to the factory for their "tune up", what a treat the trip was.
We met the famous Ed Lytle and Adam, Adam gave us the factory tour.
They have a very efficient manufacturing process and really work hard to deliver a flawless TM procuct.
On the line were both Elkmonts and folding TM's, they are getting ready for the RIVA show in January which is for all the manufacturers.
We joked about the new EPA requirement for the double dump, seperate black and gray water dump plumbing, I don't mean seperate like it is on our pre 2009 units, I mean seperate as not even close to one another. Dump one, disconnect the hose re-connect to the other, or of course you could have two hoses and then just switch which one is going in the same hole Of course it all goes in the same hole everywhere we go, but hey the govt. got to keep busy, they don't want small business to get too relaxed.
We were treated just great, and the work they preformed had to pass their inspectors inspection, just like the new ones.
Well worth the 5 hour round trip. What a great company.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Rnewmannh
BannedUsers

I will be passing through Tn. this month. What did you have to do to set up a tour?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:39 AM   #3
ib4classics

We called the factory and spoke with Ed first about a service appointment. When we arrived Ed told us we could do the factory tour between 8:30 and 11:30 or 1:30 to 4pm.
Adam did the guided tour for us at about 9:30.
They are getting ready for a big RIVA manufactures show in January so I would suggest setting up an appointment by phone in advance of your arrival.
It is a great tour and the staff is very gracious.