TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
Cynical

Question Front Slide Position?

I was just wondering how does one determine where the front slide out is supposed to stop? The 2002 3124 I just brought home doesn't have any latch pins on inside like I have seen on others, nor does it seem to have anything on the outside to keep it from coming out too far or all the way.

I originally had it out too far and managed to get it up and over into a track I guess and although it looks straight in the opening, only one side of the forward flap will hook. As I finally got a chance to really look at things a bit, it seems like I am missing a lot of the plastic/delron material to make things move easier and I suspect that may be an issue here as well, since it is a bear to move.

I plan to make some marks or stops once I get proper placement, I just need to see where that is this first time, so I can figure out a system. Ideas, tricks?? Thanks.
Cynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #2
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

My stops for the slide have broken off also. I pull it out so that the front flap fits into the little clasps. One day, probably when I replace the carpets, I'll install new blocks.

You should be able to see the original position of the blocks, but if you are making your own blocks I wouldn't trust the original screw holes for accuracy.

You can reach inside under the slide, so you can pull the slide to the desired position, place your block against the wheel, then mark the front edge on the aluminum track where the block goes. Then you could remove the slide from that side and screw it down.

Or, you can learn how far to pull the slide out and live with it like I do. If you do install new blocks, let us know how it goes.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #3
Cynical

Thanks, I will indeed post whatever I end up doing on all my projects . I also plan to remove the carpet and put down some new flooring, probably vinyl for ease and $, I will put something more permanent in at that time. I hope to mess with it more this weekend when I have the cooler morning hours.

After the few hours I had yesterday, I am beginning to think I may pull the sofa out all together as it seems to be providing the nasty smell when the unit is closed up. There are some visible stains so I am not sure any amount of Odo-Ban is going get it fresh enough for my sensitive nose. Basically I will be removing all cloth or non hard surfaces from inside and replacing with new or something else. I travel with a dog, so hard surfaces work best for me anyway.
Cynical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #4
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Take a look through my thread on the interior fibre board:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=18922

While these trailers won't suffer devastating water damage because of their aluminum framing, there are some parts that can rot. If you had previous water damage, this wall may have some water damage. It was definitely a source of smell. Replacing wasn't easy, but not overly difficult either. It took a few days of work though.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
front slide position