TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Default Funpilot's leaking windows

Even after TM replaced all the windows, many of mine still leaked. Most leaked from the top of the window frame dripping down into the inside part of the frame and then overflowing into the inside. I believe I have stopped those by caulking the drain holes that are in the top of the windows. I still have two windows that leak from underneath the frame. That says to me that water is somehow getting on the inside of the wall and then dripping around the frame (inside the wall) with some of it leaking out underneath the window frame inside the trailer so I can see it. My guess at this point is that this may be coming from the top rubber perimeter roof seal (leaching underneath it and then into the wall) that is not caulked on the bottom as some one else posted about in another thread.

What else could it be? The two remaining leaking windows are the rear two curb side windows.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

I can't say what I really think about them shipping a brand new 2015 model with these kinds of issues, I would be violating the rules....

Hope they get this all resolved to your satisfaction, FunPilot.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
I can't say what I really think about them shipping a brand new 2015 model with these kinds of issues, I would be violating the rules....

Hope they get this all resolved to your satisfaction, FunPilot.
Ditto. I would be furious.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
funpilot
TrailManor Master

When I finally fully taped the two windows around the outside frame that were still leaking, it looked like the leaks stopped when I used my garden hose. But I have been optimistic doing that before only to have mother nature show me otherwise. I will try to get them to authorize a local RV repair shop to caulk all the windows for me.
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Old 01-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
Wingedryder

Smile Funpilot's leaking windows

Boy Funpilot, I'm sure eager for you to resolve your leaking window problem (and any and all former 'bugs' you've encountered with your new TM).

I, too, have encountered more than my fair share of 'bugs' with my new TM. After a year+, I sincerely hope I've remedied all the epidemics I've been plagued with. Truly, my best wishes for both of us going forward. Honestly, I want so desperately to "love" my new TM (my very first), if it will just let me!

Regards,
WingedRyder
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #6
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the moral support. TM has approved my taking the trailer to a local RV repair facility and having them recaulk everything they can. This facility is so popular it is backlogged until mid-February but I think I will wait based on the feedback from customers that I have talked to.

In talking with Ed, he says they intentionally do not caulk the roof seam black flange (or whatever it is called) on the part where it wraps over the side-walls as they want it open for any water to leak out on the outside if there is a roof leak. Since I may have stopped the leaks by simply taping the edges of the 2 windows still leaking, I am inclined to leave that possibility alone for now. Ed is quite mystified as he has not seen this kind of problem on a new TM before.
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Old 01-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
oldstick
TrailManor Master

I would expect to hear some kind of scientific explanation for how the water got suctioned upwards thru the bottom edges of the corner trim, assuming they mean the corner trim between the horizontal/downward curved roof and the vertical side walls.

oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
I would expect to hear some kind of scientific explanation for how the water got suctioned upwards thru the bottom edges of the corner trim, assuming they mean the corner trim between the horizontal/downward curved roof and the vertical side walls.

Just making sure that I did not make anyone think I was able to duplicate the water being leached up (yet).
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 AM   #9
Frenchy
Site Sponsor

The scientific principle is called capillary action. The spacing has to be just right to occur. It did happen in my TM. I mentioned it because most people would never think of it. I didn't but had an aha moment when it was mentioned. Tried it and it solved my problem.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #10
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
The scientific principle is called capillary action. The spacing has to be just right to occur. It did happen in my TM. I mentioned it because most people would never think of it. I didn't but had an aha moment when it was mentioned. Tried it and it solved my problem.
I do not doubt that this happened. I just do not know yet if it is my problem. So, right now, no leaks as I have taped the two windows that still leaked AND taped the trim over my leaking windows that you are talking about and saw no leaks in long soaking, but not hard rain. I will now remove that tape on the trim and see what happens.
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit